30 Dec 2013

Workspace

This is my absolutely unprofessional workspace:


The frame is warped. The orange at the bottom is cut up Sainsburys carrier bags and it's used to form a nice straight base. Above that is a row of twine and then it's ready to start weaving. The cartoon is clothes pegged to the warp and I have a selection of wools ready. I'll have to combine some of these to achieve the shades I'm looking for. The tub on the right holds my bobbins and beater. The frame has to sit on top of a couple of blocks of wood until the weaving gets higher, otherwise I'll be bent double trying to weave the bottom few inches.

No excuses not to start now. I registered my entry on the 22nd December so I'm committed. Here goes...

1 comment:

  1. "Professional" studios are boring---i'd rather a functional workspace than jars lined up with pretty buttons, cute sayings on the wall and regimented boxes with bits :)

    ReplyDelete