22 Apr 2011

EARTH DAY

Today's Earth Day and I nearly forgot all about it. To remind me what it's about I took a walk around my garden, marvelling at all the wonderful new growth and sudden colour that's arrived. Then I baked a loaf of bread to celebrate the best things in life.

This is the first of my clematis plants to flower - I can't remember its name but it's white and has dark leaves shaped a little like oak leaves. The stamens in the centre are a very delicate pale green but I thought it looked dramatic in black and white.

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful shot for earth day, hope you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfection Angie.
    I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is just perfect, Angie! I'd never have thought of converting this shot into black and white, but it works so well.

    ReplyDelete