2 Dec 2010

SNOWBOUND

I walked to my local village store this afternoon and took its photo while I was there. There was very deep snow on the ground which you can't see in this picture but I thought the snow topping on the name over the door looked cute.

I took this picture down at the lake when I took Misty for a walk. It shows leaves under the ice with a layer of thin snow over and ducks' footprints on top.

Before I went out I spent a long time wrapping my camera up in a see-through plastic bag so it wouldn't get snowed on. I made a hole for the lens and sellotaped round the bag onto the lens hood and under the camera to keep the bag in place. Pretty nifty I thought. Until I got down the road and wanted to take a photo and couldn't for the life of me understand why I couldn't get any display on the monitor. So, unable to change my settings, I had to opt for programme mode. It wasn't until I got back home that I realized it was because the bag was over the eye piece that the monitor didn't display! Back to the drawing board...

1 comment:

  1. I love both photos - so amazing how you both nature and your photograph captured those duckprints. Also, I love your camera snowsuit effort - I need to try that out for our next snowfall :)

    ReplyDelete